3-DG-Imidazolone (Advanced Glycation End Product)
Catalogue number: IMI043
|Product Type ||Primary Antibodies|
|Units||50 µg |
3-DG-derived imidazolone-AGE can be detected with help of this antibody (JNH-27) in renal tissue of hemodialysis patients, in lens cataracts of diabetes patients and in moto-neurons of lateral sclerotic patients. The antibody is suitable for studies of chronic diseases in which the build up of 3-DG-derived imidazolone-AGE may be causative. Long-term incubation of proteins with glucose leads, through Schiff's base and Amadori rearrangement products, to the formation of advanced glycation end products (AGE) which are characterized by fluorescence, brown color and inter- and intra-molecular cross-linking. Recent immunological studies using anti-AGE antibodies demonstrated the presence of AGE in (i) human lens, (ii) renal proximal tubules in patients with diabetic nephropathy and chronic renal failure, (iii) atherosclerotic lesions of arterial walls, (iv) ß2-microglobulin of carpal tunnel amyloid fibril deposits in patients with hemodialysis-related amyloidosis and (v) brain tissues of patients with Alzheimer’s disease. There is a non-oxidative pathway to the formation of AGE, which is executed via 3-Deoxyglucosone (3-DG). 3-DG is an intermediate product of the Maillard reaction, which forms Imidazolone by reacting with arginin residues of proteins.
(liquid conc.) app. 7 µg/ml (IHC)
60 min at RT or 18 hr at 2-8°C
We recommend the use of BIOLOGO's Universal Staining System DAB (Art. No. DA005) or AEC (Art. No. AE005).
Protein G affinity purified antibody from ascites in stabilized buffer, containing 50% Block Ace? (Casein-containing solution, Dainippon Co.) and 0.1% ProClin? (Rohm & Haas) as a preservative
1. Shibata N, Nagai R, Miyata S, Jono T, Horiuchi S, Hirano A, Kato S, Sasaki S, Asayama K, Kobayashi M. Nonoxidative protein glycation is implicated in familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis with superoxide dismutase-1 mutation. Acta Neuropathol (Berl). 2000 Sep; 100(3): 275-284.
2. Niwa T, Katsuzaki T, Miyazaki S, Momoi T, Akiba T, Miyazaki T, Nokura K, Hayase F, Tatemichi N, Takei Y. Amyloid beta 2-microglobulin is modified with imidazolone, a novel advanced glycation end product, in dialysis-related amyloidosis.Kidney Int. 1997 Jan;51(1):187-194.
3. Franke S, Niwa T, Deuther-Conrad W, Sommer M, Hein G, Stein G. Immunochemical detection of imidazolone in uremia and rheumatoid arthritis. Clin Chim Acta. 2000 Oct;300(1-2):29-41.
4. Nakamura S, Miyazaki S, Sakai S, Morita T, Hirasawa Y, Niwa T. Localization of imidazolone in the peritoneum of capd patients: a factor for a loss of ultrafiltration. Am J Kidney Dis. 2001 Oct;38(4 Suppl 1):S107-110.
5. Franke S, Dawczynski J, Strobel J, Niwa T, Stahl P, Stein G. Increased levels of advanced glycation end products in human cataractous lenses. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2003 May;29(5):998-1004.
*These antibodies are intended for in vitro research use only. They must not be used for clinical diagnostics and not for in vivo experiments in humans or animals.