Catalogue number: AA105
|Product Type ||Primary Antibodies|
|Units||1 ml |
The antibody 5C5 which is directed against sarcomeric alpha-actin labels skeletal and heart muscle cells but not smooth muscle cells. In neoplasms it may be used as a marker of rhabdomyosarcoma. Movement of cell organelles, cells, and organisms depends on the interaction of the cytoskeletal proteins actin and myosin. In birds and mammals up to now six different isoforms of actin have been identified using amino acid sequence analysis and electrophoresis. They are more or less specific for different organs resp. cell types. Four isoforms are known to occur in muscle cells, while two other forms are found in most other cell types. Alpha-Actin sarcomeric (a-sr-1) specific for skeletal- and heart-muscle.
No protease pre-treatment necessary. Blocking of endogenous peroxidase and alkaline phosphatase recommended depending on the detection system in use.
Purified rabbit skeletal muscle actin
(liquid conc.) 1:10 to 1:50
60 min at RT
As secondary reagents we recommend the use of biotinylated anti-mouse IgM antibody (Art. No. BA-2020) in combination with streptavidin conjugates or ABC systems.
Antibody solution in stabilizing phosphate buffer pH 7.3. Contains 0.09 % sodium azide**. The volume is sufficient for at least 100 immunohistochemical tests (100 µl working solution/test). Use appropriate antibody diluent e.g. BIOLOGO Art .No. PU002.
Human, amphibia, bony fish, cattle, guinea pig, reptiles, rabbit, rat, sheep
1. Skalli O, Gabbiani G, Babai F, Seemayer TA, Pizzolato G, Schurch W. Intermediate filament proteins and actin isoforms as markers for soft tissue tumor differentiation and origin. II. Rhabdomyosarcomas. Am. J. Pathol., 130; 515ff (1988)
2. Babai F, Skalli O, Schurch W, Seemayer TA, Gabbiani G. Chemically induced rhabdomyosarcomas in rats. Ultrastructural, immunohistochemical, biochemical features and expression of alpha-actin isoforms. Virchows Arch B Cell Pathol Incl Mol Pathol. 1988;55(5):263-77.
3. Hasegawa T, Matsuno Y, Niki T, Hirohashi S, Shimoda T, Takayama J, Watanabe C, Kaneko A, Sano T, Sato M, Suzuki J. Second primary rhabdomyosarcomas in patients with bilateral retinoblastoma: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study. Am J Surg Pathol. 1998 Nov;22(11):1351-60.
4. Eusebi V, Damiani S, Pasquinelli G, Lorenzini P, Reuter VE, Rosai J. Small cell neuroendocrine carcinoma with skeletal muscle differentiation: report of three cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2000 Feb;24(2):223-30. Review.
5. Tornoczky T, Kalman E, Sapi Z, Orosz Z, Pajor L. Cytogenetic abnormalities of alveolar soft-part sarcomas using interphase fluorescent in situ hybridization: trisomy for chromosome 7 and monosomy for chromosomes 8 and 18 seem to be characteristic of the tumor. Virchows Arch. 2001 Feb;438(2):173-80.
*These antibodies are intended for in vitro research use only. They must not be used for clinical diagnostics and not for in vivo experiments in humans or animals.
** The preservative sodium azide is known to be poisonous and potentially hazardous to health. It should be handled only by trained staff. Despite of the product's low azide concentration it must be handled with care. Dispose according to regional rules!